Vegan Chocolate Snack CakeFrom sjbenoist 6 years ago
- 1 2/3 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 Cup brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- powdered sugar (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, with the rack set to the center.
- Place all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, & salt) into a 8" square pan and mix thoroughly with a fork. Small balls of sugar and flour will form, make sure to crush them.
- Create a "crater" at the center of the pan, and add all liquid ingredients (water, oil, vanilla, & vinegar). Mix entire pan well, ensuring to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (your oven will vary some), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Lightly dust top of cake with powdered sugar.
- Variants to come in future recipe entries.
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!