Honeyed Raisin Corn BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 3 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 cup warm, 1% milk shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn germ shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl or bottom of a standing mixer, stir together warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp of honey. Set aside to let foam for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining honey and milk, mixing well.
- Stir in flours, corn germ, corn meal and gluten.
- Knead for 10 minutes, then add salt and knead for 3 minutes longer.
- Place into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Deflate dough and gently knead in plumped raisins.
- Re-cover and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and remove loaf from the fridge 1 hour before baking.
- Bake loaf 45 minutes, covering the top lightly with foil after 30 minutes.
- Unmould immediately onto a wire rack and cool completely.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔