Tamale PieFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 2 - 3 cups ratatouille (incl. eggplant, mushrooms, squash, onions , tomatoes) shopping list
- 2 steamed chicken breasts, torn into bit-size pieces (or ground turkey or beef, or?) shopping list
- 1 small can diced green chiles, reserve 2 Tablespoons shopping list
- 1/2 jar roasted red peppers, include liquid shopping list
- 1/2 cup green chile salsa (Trader Joe's) shopping list
- 1 can black olives, drained shopping list
- 1 can corn or 2 cups frozen corn, or 1 or 2 ears with kernels cut off shopping list
- cheese (I used Galaxy mozzarella, parmesan , and Better Than cream cheese cut into little blobs) Cheddar and muenster are good in tamale pie--grated, 1-2 cups shopping list
- cornmeal crust: In a medium saucepan, add the dry ingredients, and stir the COLD water into the dry. Cook on medium heat, stirring very frequently, until thick and stiff. Taste and adjust seasonings. shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups corn meal shopping list
- 2 cups cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chile powder (Frontier "fiesta") shopping list
How to make it
- In a 1 1/2 qt casserole, pack the cornmeal mush all over the interior, creating a crust. Reserve some for the top crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. and spoon into crust. I layed a shallow layer of the veggie mix on the bottom and spread the cheese combos all over the bottom.and cheese again about 2/3 up.being surrounded with the filling. It should be filled within 1/2 inch of the top. Plop the reserved corn meal on top and roughly spread over the filling.
- Stir the 2 Tablespoons reserved green chiles into 1/2 cup sour cream, and spread over the cornmeal..
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins, or when it is bubbling around the edges. Serve and enjoy!
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!