Orange-hued Curry PotageFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 large, sweet onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 lb carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 5 cups roasted vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 apricot, chopped shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups raw red lentils shopping list
- 1 cup raw, "sweet" (sushi) brown rice (or short-grain brown rice) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-low.
- Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until they're beginning to caramelize - about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add celery, carrots, garlic and ginger. See Photo
- Saute 5-6 minutes, until vegetables are beginning to colour and soften.
- Stir in all the spices and mix to coat the vegetables well. Cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in stock and water, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add nutritional yeast, apricot, bay leaves, pumpkin puree, lentils and rice. See Photo
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours until the vegetables and apricot have disintegrated and the lentils and rice are mushy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then in batches in a blender or with a stick blender, puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members