Raw Vegan Carrot SoupFrom ecoveg 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (or clarified butter) shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups+ vegetable stock or water shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
- fine grain sea salt (as much as you need) shopping list
- - olive oil, toasted sesame oil, or red chile oil for a finishing drizzle - if you use toasted sesame oil (sometimes labeled pure sesame oil) it is very strong. I typically dilute it with olive oil. I use one part sesame oil to four parts olive oil. shopping list
How to make it
- Take the tops off the carrots (if they have tops) and give them a good scrub.
- Cut them into 1-inch segments and set aside.
- Blend the garlic and onions.
- Add the stock and carrots
- (sometimes I leave the soup a bit chunky, other times I go completely smooth) - then stir in the lemon juice.
- Now salt to taste. If you used a salty veggie stock, you might just need a little salt. If you used water, you'll need quite a bit more. Keep adding a few pinches at a time until the carrot flavor really pops. If it tastes flat or dull, keep adding.
- Finish with a drizzle of great extra-virgin olive oil, one of the other drizzles I mention up above, or whatever twist you come up with.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- ecoveg Montreal, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookecoveg Montreal, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!