Chicken Breasts With Green Chile-almond Cream SauceFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk(like Pacific or Blue Diamond) shopping list
- 1/2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 c chopped ,seeded fresh New Mexican green chiles shopping list
- 3 scallions,sliced,white and green parts seperated shopping list
- 3 TB slivered almonds,toasted shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt,divided shopping list
- 6 chicken breast cutlets(about 4 oz ea) shopping list
- 1 TB canola oil shopping list
- 2 TB whipping cream shopping list
- 1 TB sesame seed,toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine almond milk,broth green chile,scallion whites,almonds,garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in med. saucepan;bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook mixture until reduced by half,20 to 30 mins. Puree with immersion blender or in a blender until smooth.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Heat oil in lg. non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Cook half the chicken till browned,1-2 mins a side. Transfer to plate. Cook remaining chicken until browned.
- Add first batch of chicken back to pan. Pour in sauce and cook at low simmer,turning occasionally,until all chicken is cooked through and tender,4-7 mins. Remove from heat and transfer to serving platter. Stir cream into sauce and pour sauce over chicken Sprinkle with reserved scallion greens and sesame seeds.
- Note: Sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead. Reheat before serving.