Potato Rustic SoupFrom MarytoMartha 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2-14 oz. cans of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups half and half(or regular milk) shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery diced shopping list
- 6-8 red potatoes shopping list
- hot smoked bulk sausage shopping list
- 12 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- dash or so of cumin shopping list
- sprinkle of parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Fry up your hot bulk sausage.
- Heat up a dutch oven(cast iron pot) or your largest pot with olive oil. Saute onion and celery until almost translucent, add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Now add chicken broth and water. Do not add milk
- yet! Add your potatoes. Let lightly boil ( little more than simmering) for an hour and a half.
- When you come back add your shredded cheese and milk and 2 tbsp of flour. Stir until blended. Now add your salt, pepper, cumin and parsley. Taste and see if it needs more salt or any other of the spices.
- Serve with homemade bread, or store bought bread. It is great with whole wheat honey bread!
The CookMarytoMartha Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!