Chocolate Cherry BiscottiFrom sosousme 3 years ago
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- Large pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup light extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, finely chopped (could also use dried cranberries) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (use a good brand at least 61% cacao) shopping list
- white chocolate to drizzle shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set your baking rack to the upper third of the oven.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt, mix well. Set-aside
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil and sugar. Using an electric mixer set at high speed (or if it's a Kitchenaid use about 8) mix for 3 - 5 minutes or until well blended and the sugar looses it's graininess. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to be fully blended before adding the next one; add the vanilla and almond extract. Turn off the mixer (or turn it to low); add the pistachios, cherries and chocolate. Mix by hand or machine until well incorporated.
- With lightly floured hands, shape the dough into two 10 inch long loaves on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Flatten each to a 3 inch wide width. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown. Remove the baking sheet to a rack and allow to cool 10 - 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch slices; arrange on an ungreased baking sheet (you will need two of them to hold all the cookie. I baked in batches). Bake 8 minutes then turn and bake 8 minutes more (it's important to turn them otherwise the cherries and chocolate get too browned on the bottoms giving off a slight burnt taste). Cool completely.
- You can eat as is, or drizzle white (festive for Christmas) or even dark chocolate over them. Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil. Drizzle on the biscotti.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!