Angel Food Snack CakeFrom Moogie 3 years ago
- 6 egg whites at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- coconut over the top. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Position rack in the center of the oven.
- 2. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and salt. Beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 2 Tbsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Sprinkle flour over egg white mixture; fold in carefully. Gently fold in almond and vanilla extracts.
- 4. Pour batter into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle coconut over the top.
- 5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan about 40 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cut into squares to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Moogie Atlanta, Georgia
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookMoogie Atlanta, Georgia
- Not added to any groups yet!