Black Beans With Saffron RiceFrom Moogie 4 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) package saffron rice shopping list
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Garnishes: additional chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions; keep hot.
- 2. Rinse and drain 2 cans beans (do not drain remaining 2 cans).
- 3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot rice. Garnish, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Moogie Atlanta, Georgia
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookMoogie Atlanta, Georgia
- Not added to any groups yet!