Burgandy Beef StewFrom singerk 5 years ago
- 2-3 T bacon drippings shopping list
- 2lbs Ribeye or Eye of Round Roast; cut into 1" Cubes shopping list
- 1C flour shopping list
- 2t salt shopping list
- 1t pepper shopping list
- 1t granulated garlic shopping list
- 2t paprika shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Lg onion, Chopped shopping list
- 5-6 Medium Carrots; Peeled and Diced shopping list
- 4 Stalks celery, Diced shopping list
- 6 Medium Potatoes; Peeled and Diced shopping list
- 1C red wine (Burgandy or Shiraz) shopping list
- 6C beef stock shopping list
- 2-3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2-1t red pepper flakes, or to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1T Worsteschire Sauce shopping list
- 2t hot sauce shopping list
- 2T cornstarch mixed with 2T water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees
- In a lg dutch oven, melt bacon drippings over med heat.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt/pepper, granulated garlic and paprika.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour and brown in bacon drippings. Work in batches to avoid crowding the pan. Add vegetable or olive oil if needed. Remove beef to plate, set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in remaining oil and drippings. Add pinch of salt to taste. Cook 4-5 minutes until translucent. Deglaze pot with wine. Bring to boil and reduce until syrupy.
- Add carrots, celery, beef and remaining ingredients except for cornstarch/water mixture. Bring to boil. Stir in cornstarch and water mix. Boil for 2-3 minutes and reduce slightly.
- Cover and bake in oven for 3 hours.
- I usually make this one day, and then reheat the next. To reheat:
- Preheat oven to 300 and bake for 2 hours until hot.
- Put in crock pot on low for 4-6 hours until hot and bubbly.
The Cooksingerk McHenry, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!