Saucy Beef With BroccoliFrom mbelisle 4 years ago
- 3 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup sherry or additional beef broth shopping list
- 6 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs lean boneless beef sirloin steak, cut in 1/4 inch strips shopping list
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided shopping list
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets shopping list
- 24 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cornstarch, broth, sherry (if using) soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, stir fry beef in 1 tbsp of oil for 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warrm.
- In the same pan, stir fry the broccoli in the remaining oil 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onions and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Return beef to the pan and stir cornstarch mixture before gradually adding to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with hot steamed rice or rice noodles.
The Cookmbelisle Regina, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!