Chicken PulaoFrom anupama_a8386 4 years ago
- chicken - 2 big portions/ 4 small portions shopping list
- rice - 1 cup (soaked in water for 30 min) shopping list
- water - 2 cups shopping list
- onion - 1/4 cup shopping list
- Whole garam masala - fennel seeds, 1/2' cinnamon, 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf shopping list
- oil/ghee - 3 tbsp shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- For marinade - shopping list
- 3 tbsp yogurt, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 green chillies slit, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/4 cup fried onion,1 tsp red chiili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp jeera powder, 1 tsp lemon juice, mint leaves, coriander leaves, 1/4 tsp salt. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mash the marinade mixture well and marinade chicken for 2 hrs ( 2 hrs is optional)
- 2. In a pressure cooker add oil and whole garam masala.
- 3. Add onion and saute for 2 min.
- 4. Add chicken with the marinade mixture and cook till chicken is almost done and oil oozes out.
- 5. Now pour water and add salt.
- 6. when water starts boiling add rice and stir well.
- 7. As the rice gets partially cooked close the lid of pressure ccoker and cook for 1 whistle.
- 8. Serve hot with curd raita.
- Tip - You can prepare this in an open pan as well. Follow the same procedur till step 7. when rice is partially cooked close the lid of the pan and reduce the flame to minimum possible. cook for 15 min.
The Cookanupama_a8386 Bangalore, India
- Not added to any groups yet!