Blue Cheese Stuffed VenisonFrom BobbieLH 6 years ago
- 1 large venison steak or back strap(any wild game meat or thin cut steak will work. shopping list
- 1- 8oz. package cream chesse,softened at room temperature shopping list
- 8oz.blue cheese shopping list
- 1 pd. bacon shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- crushed black pepper to taste shopping list
- crushed garllic shopping list
- oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Turn oven to boil. Fillet the back strap in a spiral cut until it lies completely flat and about 1/2-inch thick. In a small bowl blend the cream cheese and blue cheese together until combined.Spread evenly onto the steak. Sprinkle on the salt,pepper,garlic and oregano and then roll the steak into spriral.Wrap the steak with bacon,covering entirely.Secure the bacon and steak with toothpicks.Broil for 20-25 min. until cooked through. Slice into 3/4-inch sections and lay each section flat on baking sheet.Optional: garnish with Asiago cheese and boil again until cheese is melted and bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- BobbieLH DEEP SOUTH, ALABAMA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookBobbieLH DEEP SOUTH, ALABAMA
- Not added to any groups yet!