Vegan Pasta En PapilloteFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 8 oz dry orzo pasta shopping list
- 2 cups shelled, thawed edamame shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings shopping list
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato puree shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo and cook 5 minutes (it will only be half-done). Drain and rinse immediately with cold water, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut four large squares of parchment paper or tin foil.
- Evenly divide edamame, carrots, garlic, pepper rings, and onion between the foil packets.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring wine and tomato puree to a simmer and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir par-cooked orzo into the sauce, and spoon evenly between the foil packets.
- Top each pile with slices of tomato and one sprig of thyme.
- Fold up the packets, making sure a tight seal is formed along the top and sides. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the veggies and pasta are tender.
- Carefully cut open each package and serve, either right out of the packet (my favourite) or after pouring into a bowl.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members