Wiener Schnitzel With Mushroom SauceFrom sals1 5 years ago
- 6 Thin pork or veal steaks shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups polenta (course corn meal) shopping list
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or oil of choice. shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 8 ozs chestnut mushrooms or white ones sliced. shopping list
- 1 small onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder. shopping list
- 8 ozs low fat cream cheese ( philadelphia) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil. shopping list
How to make it
- Take two shallow bowls, into one put the beaten egg, into the other the polenta.
- In a large non stick frying pan heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Dip each steak into first the egg, then the polenta and fry til golden on both sides, cut into one steak weith scissors to check juices run clear.
- Set steaks aside and keep warm while you make the sauce.
- sauce: put oil in a saucepan and add onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- cook until soft, stirring frequently.
- add stock powder and cream cheese and stir until creamy adding a little milk if too thick.
- serve 2 steaks per person with sauce over and freshly steamed vegetables in season.
The Cooksals1 Chipping Norton, England
- Not added to any groups yet!