Rochelle's Devil's Food CakeFrom ttaaccoo 3 years ago
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F . Grease and sprinkle with cocoa baking pans. This makes 2 round layers, OR 22 cupcakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp soda shopping list
- 1 Table. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa (Dutch) shopping list
- 1 cup hot water or hot coffee* shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening (3 T. olive oil plus 5 Table. Earthbalance oleo) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (dark brown) shopping list
- 2 eggs (eggbeaters) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Measure the dry ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk together. set aside. In a measuring cup have the hot coffee or water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fat , the sugar, and the eggs with an electric mixer ( I use a hand-mixer). Beat at high speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides frequently. Next, with the mixer-speed turned to low, add some of the flour mixture, and blend into the fat/sugar/egg mix, follow with the hot liquid, and alternately add flour, beat, scrape bowl, add liquid, 3 or 4 more times , about 3 minutes altogether. Beat only enough to blend well. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. when a toothpick stuck in the middle is dry. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto rack to completely cool.
- enjoy!! By the way, National Devil's Food Cake is May 28th!
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!