Mirchi Ka SalanFrom smithsmile 6 years ago
- Mild Green Chillies-10 shopping list
- Oil-2tbsp+extra for deep frying shopping list
- ginger garlic paste-1tbsp shopping list
- curry leaves-4-5 shopping list
- onion grated or ground to a paste-1 small shopping list
- sesame seeds-2tbsp shopping list
- coriander seeds-1tbsp shopping list
- cumin seeds-1tsp shopping list
- roasted peanuts-1/2cup shopping list
- Red chilli powder-1/2tsp(or to taste) shopping list
- turmeric powder-1/2tsp shopping list
- tamarind pulp(tamrind soaked in some water and then mashed )-2 tbsp shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- sugar/jaggery-1tsp shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Wash , wipe&slit the green chillies lengthwise (deseed them if you dont want it to be too hot)
- 2.Deepfry them for 1 min and drain & keep aside.
- 3.Dry roast the coriander seeds,cumin seeds,(Use readymade powders if short on time)
- 4.Make a paste of roasted sesame seeds,peanuts coriander & cumin powder,red chilli powder andginger garlic paste.
- 5.Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok,add curry leaves,onion paste & cook till it turns light brown,do not let it burn.
- 6.Add turmeric powder and mix well.Now add the paste and cook for 3 mins stirring continuosly.
- 7Stir in 1-1/2 cups of water & bring to a boil.
- 8.Reduce heat & cook for 10 mins,add in the tamarind pulp dissolved in 1/2 cup of water.Add in the fried chillies,salt .sugar & cook further for 5 mins & serve along with the biryani.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- smithsmile Hyderabad, India
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔