Whole Wheat BreadFrom anj 3 years ago
- 3/4 c. sugar or granulated fructose shopping list
- 2 T. rapid rise yeast shopping list
- 3 c. warm water shopping list
- 3 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- 3 T. molasses shopping list
- 2 T. vinegar shopping list
- 6 T. vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 T. flax meal shopping list
- 9 3/4 c. whole wheat flour shopping list
How to make it
- Note: I've used both hard white wheat flour and red wheat flour for this bread. I don't have a preference, but the family prefers the hard white.
- Combine sugar (or fructose), yeast and water and set aside until yeast starts to foam.
- Combine salt, molasses, vinegar, and vital wheat gluten in a LARGE mixing bowl. When yeast begins to foam, add it to the mixing bowl. Mix all together.
- Gradually add flour, first using a mixer until you have a thick batter.
- At this point, if you have an old-fashioned stand mixer, you can continue with dough hooks, otherwise you might have to continue by hand. (My newer style mixer with the single dough hook doesn't work for this.) If doing by hand, continue adding flour until you have a dough, then turn out on a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. If using a mixer, work flour in gradually until you have a smooth and elastic dough.
- Grease a large bowl and put dough in bowl, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and put into a warm, draft-free location to rise. When doubled in bulk, punch down and let rise again. (I punch down twice.)
- Shape into 3 loaves, put into pans and cover. Let rise until doubled.
- When loaves are ready, bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and pans and put on wire racks to cool.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- anj Mabank, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!