Garlic Mustard Dill RelishFrom anj 6 years ago
- 8-9 pounds cucumbers shopping list
- 1/2 c. salt (do NOT use iodized salt) shopping list
- 2 tsp. turmeric shopping list
- 1 quart water shopping list
- 1-2 pounds onions shopping list
- 6-10 cloves garlic, to taste shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. mustard seed shopping list
- 1 quart white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor or blender, chop cucumbers until just finely chopped. Don't over-process.
- Put in a bowl and add salt, turmeric and water; stir, cover and let sit for 2-3 hours.
- Drain well. Rinse. Drain well again.
- Put in a stainless steel or enameled pot.
- Put onions and garlic in food processor or blender and process just until finely chopped. Again, don't over process.
- Add onions and garlic to cucumbers in pot. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pack into hot jars. Leave 1/4" head space, Wipe jar threads and rim. Put on a prepared lid and ring and tighten to finger tight. Process in hot water bath for 15 minutes. Remove from canner, place on towel on counter, and cover with an additional towel. Check for seal the next morning and refrigerate any unsealed jars.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- anj Mabank, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!