Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom anj 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 6 c. whole wheat pastry flour (soft white wheat) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt (I use sea salt) shopping list
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 large bag) shopping list
- 1 c. chopped nuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheet by greasing or use parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- Gradually blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and optional nuts. (For the nuts I've used both pecans and walnuts.)
- Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheets.
- Put baking sheet in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- These can also be made as bars by putting into a 10"x15" jelly roll pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- anj Mabank, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!