Coconut Lentil CurryFrom heathie_magoo 3 years ago
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into chunks shopping list
- 1lb (ish!) pumpkin or squash, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup red lentils shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
- vegetable stock to cover vegetables shopping list
- 1/2 can coconut milk (or a sachet of creamed coconut) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Fry the onions and chilli in a little oil. Add the garlic and vegetables and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- 2. Add the spices and fry for a minute until fragrant.
- 3. Add the red lentils and stock and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes, until lentils have almost dissolved into a sauce.
- 4. Stir in the coconut milk and allow to heat through for 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookheathie_magoo Chester, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!