Lubya Bi-zayt (green Beans In Oil)From sufia 3 years ago
- 1 kg (32 oz) green beans, string and snip off the ends, snip each bean into two and wash shopping list
- 1 kg (32 oz) tomatoes, washed, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped onion shopping list
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- ½ tspn salt (as desired ) shopping list
- a dash of ground allspice shopping list
- a dash of sugar shopping list
- 3 heads garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 fresh green or red chili shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Fry onion and garlic cloves in oil over high heat, stir for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, cook for 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add tomato, salt, sugar, chili, allspice, and water. Cover. Bring to a boil.
- Cook over low heat for 35 minutes or till tender.
- Remove chili then serve cold with spring onions.
The Cooksufia JP, INDIA
- Not added to any groups yet!