Easy Vegan Spinach AlfredoFrom stormy_ide_girl 3 years ago
- 1 lb pasta shopping list
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water (from drained pasta) shopping list
- 10 oz frozen spinach, or about 5 cups fresh shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp Vegenaise (vegan mayo-like condiment) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast shopping list
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt/pepper to taste shopping list
- *add in some olive oil for a richer Alfredo texture shopping list
- optional: shopping list
- -red pepper flakes (garnish) shopping list
- -vegan parmesan cheese on top shopping list
- -spritz of fresh lemon juice mixed in - adds a bright zesty accent shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta. Drain. (Reserve 1/3 cup of the starchy hot pasta water).
- Pour drained pasta back into the warm pot you cooked it in. Fold in all the "Alfredo Sauce" ingredients. Since the pasta is still warm, they should all melt together quite nicely.
- Next, fold in the spinach. You should thaw frozen spinach before folding in. Fresh spinach will wilt nicely into the warm pasta.
- Serve warm or store in fridge overnight! Garnish with red pepper flakes on top.
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!