Apple Spice CakeFrom singerk 5 years ago
- 1/2C butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2C vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 3/4C sugar shopping list
- 1t cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2t nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2t allspice shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3C All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2C cinnamon applesauce shopping list
- 3C Peeled apples in 1/2" dice shopping list
- 2C Chopped cashews shopping list
- 1/4C sugar shopping list
- 1T cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 12-15C capacity bundt or tube pan.
- Cream Butter, Oil, Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, Salt and Baking Powder until light and fluffy (approx 4-5 mins).
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat until batter looks fluffy after each addition.
- Beat in 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 the applesauce. Scrape down the bowl, then beat in the remaining flour and applesauce.
- Fold in apples and nuts. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake cake for 55-65 minutes, until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan to cooling rack. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- After 10 minutes, turn cake out onto cooling rack. Sprinkle generously with Cinnamon-Sugar while cake is still warm.
- Let cake cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
The Cooksingerk McHenry, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!