Five Star West Coast Fish TacosFrom mrcooksalot 3 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup beer shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 lime, juiced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced capers shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 quart oil for frying shopping list
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded shopping list
How to make it
- 1.To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don't worry about a few lumps).
- 2.To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
- 3.Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4.Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.