Easy Satisfying Soup RecipeFrom carmelle54 6 years ago
- 6 cups broth, vegetable, or reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 5 slices fresh ginger peeled and cut into slices shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 stick lemongrass fresh or jar (optional) shopping list
- 2 teaspoon oil, canola works good here shopping list
- 2 cups mushrooms, wiped clean, and sliced shopping list
- 2 small bok choy, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, stems and greens seperated shopping list
- 1 package tofu, firm, drained, patted dry, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrots shopping list
- 4 teaspoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium shopping list
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil shopping list
- 4 ounces Chinese, or rice noodles shopping list
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth, ginger, lemongrass and garlic in a partially covered soup pot and bring to a simmer on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the ginger, garlic and lemongrass.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, cook, stirring often, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bok choy stems; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture, bok choy greens and tofu to the broth simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, vinegar to taste, soy sauce and sesame seed oil, cook, another 4 minutes until heated through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Sometimes I feel like more soy sauce and sometimes I feel like more sesame seed oil and sometimes it’s just perfect and I don’t need to add anything.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, when cook, let each guest put some noodles at the bottom of their bowl and cover the noodles with the broth and garnish with scallions.
The Cookcarmelle54 Ottawa Area, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!