Oven Roasted ChickenFrom sheracj 3 years ago
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-4 pounds) shopping list
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in Deep Dish Baker (or bottom of Roasting Pan), breast side up. Arrange potato, onion and carrots around chicken.
- Combine garlic, oil, rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper in small bowl; brush over chicken. Rub some of the herbs inside the chicken as well as place some of the onion wedges inside.
- Pour water over vegetables. Cover with Stoneware Baking Bowl (or Roasting Pan Lid).
- Bake 1 hour-1 hour, 15 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear.
- Carefully remove lid, lifting away from you, during last 15-20 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving platter; tent with aluminum foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
The Cooksheracj South, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!