Tortilla SoupFrom circlemoon8 4 years ago
- hamburger, fried, drained ** see note shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 lg can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 4 oz tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can black olives, drained, sliced shopping list
- fz corn (or baby corn is great when serving company!) shopping list
- Chile powder, to taste shopping list
- diced green onion, for garnish shopping list
- grated cheddar cheese, for garnish shopping list
- tortilla chips, broken up, for garnish shopping list
- sour cream, garnish shopping list
How to make it
- ** Note: after hamburger is fried and drained, add it back to the frying pan when you are getting ready to put the soup together. Cook the onion into the hamburger and then add the tomato paste and cook the paste down. Sauting the tomato paste takes the flavor to another level!
- Transfer the hamburger mixture to your stock pot and add all the ingredients -- except for garnishes. When heated through, serve with tortilla chips and desired garnishes. -- I put my tortilla chips in my bowl first then add the soup -- the tortillas soak up the juices better this way.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!