Chorizo Sausage Skillet BreadFrom FavoriteFixins 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 links- 9oz dry chorizo sausage, or pepperoni finely chopped shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. honey shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 can- 14.5 cream style corn shopping list
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (1cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn or canola oil shopping list
- 1 can 4 oz. chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet. While pre-heating a 400 degree oven, heat skillet in the oven.
- In another skillet cook sausages over medium-high heat, stirring often for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. drain on paper towels. In medium bowl, stir together the flour, corn meal and baking poweder, then set aside. In large bowl, whisk the eggs and the rest of the ingredients together. Stir in sausages. Add flour mixture, and stire until moistened. Using potholder for skillet, pour mixture into heated skillet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool in skillet on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges or squares depending on your skillet shape.
- Note: If using a glass or metal 8x8 pan, do not pre-heat baking dish.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!