Marlboro Five Bean ChiliFrom circlemoon8 3 years ago
- 5 kinds of dried beans (pinto, cranberry, garbanzo, kidney and navy beans, e.g.), 1/2 lb each shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 lg onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 15 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 14 1/2 oz can tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1 cup bean liquid shopping list
- 1-2 TBS chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Pick through beans and soak in cold water over night, keeping refrigerated. Simmer in the soaking water until tender, 1-2 hours. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Cook beef in a large fry pan or chili pot until browned; remove from pan. Add onion and olive oil to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden brown. Add garlic, jalapeno peppers and vinegar; cook 1 minute. Add meat, tomato sauce, tomatoes and 1 cup bean liquid; stir to mix. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt; stir in honey.
- Put 1/4 of drained cooked beans in a 3 quart bean pot or baking dish; pour 1/4 of meat mixture over top; repeat, ending with meat sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- circlemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!