Marlboro Tamale Corn CakesFrom circlemoon8 3 years ago
- 3 ears corn shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 TBS melted butter shopping list
- 1 TBS finely chopped red and/or green chili peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Shuck corn, reserving outer husks.
- Cut corn kernels from cob with sharp knife. Grind or puree corn kernels with cream. Place in a mixing bowl; stir in cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, Tabasco sauce and egg. Beat in melted butter and chili pepper.
- Soften reserved corn husks in boiling water; cool under cold water and pat dry with towels. Grease 10-12 wells of a muffin pan and line with corn husks; fill with corn mixture.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Red Pepper Paste or Roasted pepper and Tomato Salsa.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!