Curried Cream Of Veggies SoupFrom charrm1 5 years ago
- 2 tbsps cooking oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp of curry powder (to your taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (mushrooms, zucchinis, squash, cauliflower, brocoli, red or orange pepper, snap peas, carrots to your taste) shopping list
- 1/2 pkg philadelphia cream cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the onion and the garlic in the cooking oil until the onions are transparent. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat. Add the mixed vegetables and simmer until the vegetables are tender about 15 to 20 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and the cream cheese. Using an electric handheld food processor, process until the soup is creamy and smooth texture. At this point, add the curry powder and turmeric powder and mix well. You could use a regular blender instead of the handheld food processor, but ensure the soup is cooled before you process. Be careful not to spill any soup as the curry and turmeric powders leaves permanent stains. Enjoy!
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!