Layered StewFrom Kathicooks 6 years ago
- 1 lb. peeled carrots cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 3-4 stalks celery, cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 3 potatoes, cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 can drained mushroom pieces shopping list
- 2 lb. stew beef, cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 small can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- LAYER ALL INGREDIENTS IN SLOW COOKER, IN ORDER LISTED:
- Carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, mushrooms, oregano, thyme and Worcestershire sauce, to taste (I used about a teaspoon each of spices, except cayenne - use it to taste, and a couple tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce); garlic, chicken broth, tomato sauce, stew beef, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and cayenne pepper.
- You can assemble this the night before, if desired. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook on low 8 hours. If you like a "soupy" consistency, stew is ready. If you want it thicker, mix one tablespoon flour with 1/4 c. water and stir into stew. Cook on high for another hour.
The CookKathicooks Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Not added to any groups yet!