Tracy's Tiramisu LattesFrom tracydiziere 5 years ago
- Suggested tools: shopping list
- • Electric hand-held mixer or . . . with whisk attachment shopping list
- • 3 small to medium-sized mixing bowls shopping list
- • 1 Pyrex measuring cup shopping list
- • ¼ measuring cup shopping list
- • Rubber Spatula shopping list
- You will need: shopping list
- 1 large egg (it will be separated) shopping list
- ¼ c. raw sugar shopping list
- 2 ½ oz. mascarpone cheese (if eyeballing, 1/3 of an 8-oz. container) shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1/6 c. chilled heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups very strong brewed coffee or brewed espresso, cooled to room temperature shopping list
- Dash of unsweetened cocoa powder and/or cinnamon (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Separate the egg into two bowls, with the yolk in your largest bowl. Add to the yolk half of the sugar and beat together an electric mixer at medium speed until thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in mascarpone until just combined and set aside.
- Add a pinch of salt to the bowl with the white and, with cleaned beaters, mix until they just hold soft peaks. Add remaining sugar a little at a time, beating, then continue to beat whites until they just hold stiff peaks.
- In the third bowl, with cleaned beaters, whip the cream until it just holds soft peaks.
- Start the espresso. While it is brewing and using a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until evenly dispersed, then fold in whites.
- When coffee is done, pour into cups and carefully scrape the mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cocoa and/or cinnamon or provide to guests separately.
- NOTE: Contains raw eggs.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- tracydiziere Phoenix, AZ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktracydiziere Phoenix, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!