Mom's Marinated Eggplant StripsFrom FavoriteFixins 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 eggplants shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 3 C. white vinegar shopping list
- 1 C. olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 C. white vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. water shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- 2 celery Stalks, Chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. basil shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, slice 3 eggplants (without skin), to resemble short shoestring potatoes. Place in colander, sprinkle with salt and layer between paper towels. Put a heavy bowl on top. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Combine vinegar and water in a non reactive saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. Add eggplant, and boil for 2-3 minutes. Cool, drain in colander.
- Then, put in large bowl mixed with 1 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup white vinegar, 1 1/2 cups white vinegar, 6 garlic cloves sliced. chopped celery stalks and dried oregano. Mix well and put into Mason Jars and refrigerate. Let marinate for one whole week before eating!!!!
- Notes: Poke handle of wooden spoon into jars to get out air bubbles, before sealing jars.
- Store in fridge, but remove 15 minutes before, so they'll come to room temp. before eating.
- Generally served in an antipasta, but can be added to any salad, or cold sub.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!