Fat - Free, Gluten - Free Vegan Baked PastaFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup fat-free tomato sauce (I like Healthy Choice garlic Lovers) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, diced shopping list
- 6 oz low-fat silken tofu (Mori-Nu is best) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh-cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 4 oz gluten-free rotini or penne (like OrgRan Essentials) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease 2 single-serve casserole dishes or oven-safe bowls.
- Pour tomato sauce and water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and mushrooms, cover and cook 3-5 minutes, until wilted. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine tofu, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, black pepper and nutmeg. Pulse to a fine mince, but do not puree completely. Stir into the tomato mixture in the pot and warm gently.
- Cook pasta 5 minutes in boiling, salted water (it will still be very firm). Drain, then stir thoroughly into the sauce mixture.
- Spoon evenly into the prepared dishes and cover lightly with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then uncover dishes and broil 5 minutes longer.
- This freezes well, both before and after baking.