Native Princess Fresh Green Beans & PotatoesFrom nativeprincess 6 years ago
- 8 slices soy bacon (and add a little olive oil to cook it) shopping list
- 4 pounds fresh green beans, cut in half and ends trimmed shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped into large pieces shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced shopping list
- 10 or so small red potatoes, with skin, halved shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp marjoram shopping list
- 3 cups water (or as needed) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, cook bacon or soy bacon (with olive oil) until done. Remove from pot and drain on paper towels To the pot (with bacon fat or if using soy bacon, add more olive oil), add green beans, onions, garlic and saute for about 6-8 minutes. Add enough water to cover. Cover and cook until almost done, about 30-40 minutes .
- Add potatoes, basil, marjoram, salt & pepper. Add more water if necessary. Cook until potatoes are done, 15 minutes or so. Crumble the bacon or soy bacon on top and enjoy!