Chicken, Spinach & Potato PieFrom essentialingredients 5 years ago
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- ¼ cup milk, cream or half & half shopping list
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 large carrots finely minced (I grate mine) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, grated, pressed or finely minced shopping list
- 2 shallots, finely minced shopping list
- 1 & ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast meat or boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach shopping list
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, coat a heavy skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cook 3 minutes, then add the carrots, thyme, garlic and shallot and continue to cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach and ricotta.
- Season with salt to taste.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them and return them to the pot.
- Add the butter, milk (or cream or half & half) and mozzarella cheese.
- Mash until mostly smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken mixture in a 9 inch pan and top with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn on the broiler and broil until the top is golden and crispy.
The Cookessentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Not added to any groups yet!