Pork Chop & Cabbage SkilletFrom oldinjun 4 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 pork chops 1 in thick shopping list
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered and shredded shopping list
- 2 lg onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large tart apples, cored and diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or Saucy Susan shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1-teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2-cup water or as needed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oil in a large skillet, frying pan or crock-pot over medium heat. Salt and pepper the chops. Dust the chops with garlic powder and flour. Cook the pork chops in the hot oil until well browned on each side, about 10 minutes per side. Set aside.
- 2. Add the butter, onion, garlic, apples and sauté about 5 min. Add the cabbage (looks like a lot but it will cook down), vinegar, Worcestershire sauce preserves and toss to blend well. Add 2 cups of water, salt, pepper to the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Replace the chops and place a cover on the skillet. Cook at a simmer until the pork chops are completely tender, 1 to 2 hours or until chops and cabbage are tender. Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Gravy Optional:
- 1. Remove the pork and vegetable mixture from the skillet, leaving as much of the liquid in the skillet as possible. Whisk the water and flour together in a small bowl. Raise the heat under the skillet to medium-high. Pour the flour mixture into the remaining liquid in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens and begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes. Pour the gravy over the pork and mashed potatoes.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!