Whole Wheat BiscuitsFrom FavoriteFixins 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup skim milk shopping list
- For herb biscuits shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Add milk, mix quickly.
- Turn out onto a floured board.
- Knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12, 2 inch round biscuits or into wedges or squares.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425°F oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- For herb biscuits, add basil, thyme and parsley to dry ingredients.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!