Sweet & Sour Pork Stir FryFrom essentialingredients 2 years ago
- 1 lb “breakfast” pork chops (this is what they are called in my grocery store, these are small, fairly thin chops –about 6 in a package) cut into strips shopping list
- cooking spray or 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, grated shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 package cremini or white buttom mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- 1 10 oz bottle sweet & sour sauce (I like Kraft brand) shopping list
- 2 cups hot, cooked white or brown rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted seasame oil shopping list
- cashew halves or pieces shopping list
- butter lettuce leaves (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Either spray with cooking spray or coat with oil, a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add the pork strips and after a minute or so, stir around.
- Add the grated onion and garlic and cook a few minutes more.
- Then add the bell pepper strips, the mushrooms and the sweet & sour sauce cook until the pork is done and the vegetables are tender.
- Cooking time will really depend on the thickness of the pork, but it won’t take long at all.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the sesame oil over and add the cashew and fluff it around with a fork to incorporate.
- Serve the stir fry over the rice or with the rice rolled up in a butter lettuce leaf.
The Cookessentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Not added to any groups yet!