Pumpkin Sweet Potato And Coconut PieFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, reserve shopping list
- 1/4 cup syrup, drain remainder shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large or extra large eggs, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 prepared, refrigerated single-crust piecrust shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sweet potatoes, reserved syrup, coconut milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, melted butter, 2 eggs, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the work bowl of a food processor. Process in pulses until completely smooth, about 1 minute. Line a pie plate with prepared crust and crimp the edges. Note that you will have to roll the crust to be about 1 inch bigger all around if using a 9 1/2-inch pie plate.
- Fill crust with the filling and even the surface. Bake for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining egg, coconut, corn syrup and vanilla in a mixing bowl until well combined. Spread over the surface of the baked filling. Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Servings: 12
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 250; Total fat 12g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 125mg; Carbohydrate 35g; Fiber 3g; Protein 4g; Vitamin A 160%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV*; Calcium 2%DV*; Iron 8%DV* * Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!