Spiced Double Corn And Blueberry MuffinsFrom canned_food_fan 3 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) creamed corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries, drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Time: Approximately 20 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 20 minutes
- Heat the oven to 425º F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper cups. Combine the flour, cornmeal, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the creamed corn, buttermilk, egg, oil and lemon zest. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, stirring only until all ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tops with remaining sugar. Bake about 18 minutes until muffins have risen and are golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature on the day of baking. (If making ahead, freeze the muffins, then reheat at low-oven temperature for a few minutes.)
- Servings: 12
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 184; Fat 6g; Cholesterol 18mg; Sodium 340mg; Carbohydrate 32g; Fiber 2g; Protein 3g
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!