Grilled Cheese Tikka MasalaFrom chefpriyanka 4 years ago
- 2 slices of hearty white bread (I use pepperidge Farm) shopping list
- 1-2 slices of fatfree/2% fat American cheese shopping list
- 1/4 of a small onion- cut into rainbow strips shopping list
- 1-2 tsp Tikka masala paste (I use Patak’s Brand) shopping list
- coarse black pepper shopping list
- Pam cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Spray skillet with PAM and set on medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and black pepper. Saute until translucent and soft.
- 2. Spray one side of each slice of bread with PAM. On the un-sprayed side put a thin layer of tikka paste on each slice. Place 1 slice of cheese on each side. After the onions are finished, place on only one side of the bread. Put the other side over to make a sandwich.
- 3. Spray your skillet again, and place on medium-low heat. Place the sandwich carefully, and toast until the cheese is melted, flipping only once. Each side should have a nice golden brown color.
- 4. Serve with reduced-fat kettle cooked chips and a coke zero, and you have yourself a healthy and hearty meal!
- Where can you get Tikka Masala?
- A lot of different grocery stores sell Indian products, and even Freshdirect.com (grocery deliveries) sells Indian products. The average cost for a bottle of tikka masala is around $6.00. The shelf-life is long, so its worth the cost!
- Even MORE pressed for time?
- If you don’t have 10 minutes, nor do you mind the taste of raw onions, you can just add sliced raw onions to the sandwich and grill as stated in step 3!
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!