Chocolate SouffleFrom Brenty10 5 years ago
- 1/3 C. sugar shopping list
- 1/3 C. cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 C. milk shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1/3 Tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- Best sauce or Amber sauce (below) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) mix 1/3 C. sugar, cocoa and flour in saucepan.
- 2) stir in milk gradually
- 3) heat to boiling stirring constantly
- 4) remove from heat
- 5) beat egg yolks with fork
- 6) beat in 1/3 of cocoa mixture
- 7) stir in margarine and vanilla, cool slightly
- 8) place rack in oven at lower position and preheat to 350*
- 9) butter and sugar 6 C. souffle dish
- 10) make 4 in. band of triple thickness aluminum foil 2 in. longer then the circumfrence of the dish.
- 11) butter and sugar one side of the band
- 12) extend dish by securing band buttered side in around outside edge.
- 13) beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in large mixing bowl until foamy.
- 14) beat in 3 Tbsp. sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, continue beating until stiff and glossy. do not underbeat!
- 15) stir about 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- 16) fold in remaining egg whites.
- 17) carefully pour into dish. place dish in square pan 9x9x2 in., on oven rack, pour very hot water into the pan (the pan around the souffle dish)
- 18) bake 1 1/4 hrs.
- 19) serve immediately with best sauce (coming up next)
The CookBrenty10 Toronto, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!