White Bean, Butternut Squash, Kale And Olive StewFrom circlemoon8 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 lg onions, chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canned vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 TBS dried rubbed sage shopping list
- 5- 15 oz cans cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- freshly grated romano cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Add squash, saute 10 minutes. Stir in bell peppers. Add broth; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix kale and sage into stew. Cover and cook until kale wilts, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add beans and olives, and stir until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer stew to a large shallow bowl. Sprinkle generously with grated cheese, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- circlemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!