Teriyaki-marinated SteakFrom twill10 6 years ago
- TERIYAKI-MARINATED steak shopping list
- 1 well-trimmed beef top round steak, cut 1-1/2 inches thick (approx. 2 pounds) shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 3/4 cup prepared teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- If you want to make your own teriyaki sauce: shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce ( soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 cup water fresh grated ginger ( about 1 tbsp or to your taste) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- Directions shopping list
- Combine 1 cup water, tamari, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. shopping list
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of cold water and add to sauce. shopping list
- Stir constantly to allow the sauce to thicken. shopping list
- If the sauce is too thick add a little water or tamari to thin. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In small bowl, combine marinade ingredients; mix well. Place steak and marinade in plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours (or overnight, if desired), turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 25 to 28 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally.
- 3. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices. Makes 6 servings.
- Tip: Beef can be marinated in a plastic bag, glass utility dish or other non-reactive container. Acidic ingredients and alcohol react with some metals, such as aluminum and iron, to discolor food and impart a metallic flavor. Choose a container in which the beef fits snugly and lies flat.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!