Pumpkin Chocolate Chip SconesFrom dancingfox 5 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold) shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (I use Libbys 100% pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie mix) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (vanilla extract will also do) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry knife, fork, or food processor, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and no chunks of butter are obvious.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, half and half, vanilla paste and egg.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix in mini cinnamon chips.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into an 8-inch circle and about 1 inch thick.
- Use a large knife or a pizza cutter to slice the dough into 8 equal triangular portions.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 14–16 minutes. Scones should begin to turn light brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp milk together until smooth.
- When scones are cool, use a brush to paint plain glaze over the top of each scone.
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!