Gingered Sweet Potato-ham Causa RecimealFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained shopping list
- juice of 1 large orange shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) ham in water, drained shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained slightly shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 6 tablespoons chopped, unsalted peanuts, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 60 minutes
- In a food processor mash the potatoes, adding orange juice and cinnamon. Use the pulse action to get a somewhat smooth consistency. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine ham, green onions, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray. Spread half the sweet potato mixture in the pan, pressing firmly to fill the corners of the pan. Layer ham mixture over potatoes. Top with remaining sweet potato mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least one hour until firm. In a medium bowl combine pineapple, red pepper, 1/4 cup peanuts, raisins, mint and ginger.
- To serve, unmold the causa onto a serving plate, or slice and serve six individual portions. Top with the pineapple-red pepper mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons peanuts.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 420; Total fat 15g; Saturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 800mg; Carbohydrate 59g; Fiber 7g; Protein 13g; Vitamin A 260%DV*; Vitamin C 90%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 30%DV Per serving, this dish provides from MyPyramid: About 3/4 cup Vegetable Group; 1/2 cup Fruit Group; 2 ounces Meat and Beans Group *Daily Value
People Who Like This Dish 0
- canned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!